Sunday, August 1, 2010

4 Parts of God's House

Recently in my personal time with God I have felt strongly impressed to read through the Minor Prophets. This type of thing doesn't happen every day, but when the Holy Spirit directs me to a particular portion of Scripture, I know it is for a reason. It is from that reading that I would like to share with you now.

Haggai 2:6-9 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the LORD Almighty. 8 'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty. 9 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."

Many lessons can be extracted from this passage, and I wouldn't pretend to know them all. But I do know a few things that God has whispered to my spirit as I read these powerful words.

When God's house is functioning in a Biblical way these four things will always be present...

1) His People (v. 7)
2) His Power (v. 7)
3) His Provision (v. 8)
4) His Peace (v. 9)

Be encouraged! God knows how to fill his house with all four of these components. Lean on him, and he will direct you in all wisdom as to where you fit into His plan to see these things come to pass in your place of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment