I had an amazing revelation a few years ago when I graduated college. The moment when I realized that I could now read "for fun" and not "for finals" was one of the more liberating experiences of my life.
So I began to buy books that I wanted to read, however I began to get dozens of reads on leadership, organization, finance, entrepreneurship, and business. All of these topics are very interesting to read, but I wouldn't call it necessarily "fun reading".
A week ago I bought my first Novel. It is a book called The Justice Game by Randy Singer. I will be honest with you. It has been one of the most relaxing things in the world to escape into this thick book, and for a few brief moments forget about the "real world".
Here is my advice to all you leaders out there who only read for your self improvement...READ FOR FUN. You will be surprised at how much it refreshes your brain to consume something that isn't business related.
No comments:
Post a Comment